Highlighted
koepper Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-one printer black ink cartridge - replaced but still shows it empty

HP Photosmart C5100 All-in-One Printer series

HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-one printer black ink cartridge -  replaced but still shows it empty, so I purchased new cartridges and still has the same problem.

Also can't print anything without the black ink issue resolved!!!!!

HELP!!!!!

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 821 1385
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-one printer black ink cartridge - replaced but still shows it empty

@koepper

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have replaced the black ink cartridge on your HP Photosmart C5100 All-in-One Printer and the printer reads that the ink cartridge is empty. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

Are you using original HP ink cartridge or refilled ink?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

If your cartridges are not empty, but you continue to receive the 'Ink Cartridge(s) are Empty' error message, follow these steps to override the message.

1. Disconnect any cables (Ethernet cable or USB cable) that connect both the printer and the computer.

2. Restart your computer. (Consider bookmarking this page in your Web browser so that you can easily return to it after the computer restarts.)

3. With the printer turned on, remove the power cord from the back of the printer.

4. Wait 30 seconds.

5. Insert the power cord back into the printer, and turn the printer on.

6. Clear any error messages.

7. Reconnect any cables that connect the printer to the computer.

If the issue persists then please perform step 1 to step 3 from this HP article.

If the issue persists then it indicates towards a hardware failure in the printer. In such a case please contact our HP phone support team to explore the service options available for this printer. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted. Good luck! :)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation