Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ink System Failure Error 0xc18a0206, anybody can tell me what means this message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Jorge62

You could try Bob's suggestion here....

(Please let me know how you get on)

Thanks,  Ciara

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Cartridge-and-Printhead/photosmart-C7280-Ink-system-failure-will-no...

There is a hidden support menu with an alternate reset procedure that may help:  with the power on press both the # and * buttons.  The screen should say something like "enter special sequence".  At this time press 1 then 2 then 3 which will bring up a support menu.  Use the < and > arrow buttons to move through the menu to one that says "Hardware reset" or some similar.   Once the hardware reset has been selected press OK, OK.  After this is completed press cancel (X) to move back up one level in the menu, then scroll to find "ink initialization", and press OK.

This model has permanant printheads that cannot be removed (or replaced). Unfortunately I have not seen any solutions beyond the printer reset, if that fails the option is to have the printer serviced.

As you have noted, this is not likely to be economical for this model.  If you Contact HP they may offer a discount on a replacement printer, although I have seen folks indicate that careful shopping can beat the discount prices from HP.  AFAIK there are no HP models currently that use fixed printheads, these have been made user replacable in current models.

The "improper shutdown" message will happen any time the printer has an error condition with an assert code (the 0x... error).  At this point the printer gets confused and does not realize the power is being shut down properly.

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi Jorge

Any luck if you reset the printer?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00489814

HP Recommended
No Clara does not work
HP Recommended

Hi Jorge62

You could try Bob's suggestion here....

(Please let me know how you get on)

Thanks,  Ciara

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Cartridge-and-Printhead/photosmart-C7280-Ink-system-failure-will-no...

There is a hidden support menu with an alternate reset procedure that may help:  with the power on press both the # and * buttons.  The screen should say something like "enter special sequence".  At this time press 1 then 2 then 3 which will bring up a support menu.  Use the < and > arrow buttons to move through the menu to one that says "Hardware reset" or some similar.   Once the hardware reset has been selected press OK, OK.  After this is completed press cancel (X) to move back up one level in the menu, then scroll to find "ink initialization", and press OK.

This model has permanant printheads that cannot be removed (or replaced). Unfortunately I have not seen any solutions beyond the printer reset, if that fails the option is to have the printer serviced.

As you have noted, this is not likely to be economical for this model.  If you Contact HP they may offer a discount on a replacement printer, although I have seen folks indicate that careful shopping can beat the discount prices from HP.  AFAIK there are no HP models currently that use fixed printheads, these have been made user replacable in current models.

The "improper shutdown" message will happen any time the printer has an error condition with an assert code (the 0x... error).  At this point the printer gets confused and does not realize the power is being shut down properly.

HP Recommended

It works as follow:

after I did Bob suggestion in the last part of the "ink initialization" and press ok ,the printer do nothing just I got a message "do not turn off the printer during the ink initialization",then I turn off the printer and the old message dissapear and a new message popped out " "improper cartridges installed, install original cartridges", then I did again the Bob's suggestion but instead of  "hardware reset", I pressed "menu" and then "partial/full rest",finally the HP solution center reconigzed the ink level and I print a test page.

Thank you Ciara and Bob!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless you...!!!!!!

HP Recommended

found this to be very good info thanks

HP Recommended

I tried as you said:

with the power on press both the # and * buttons.  The screen should say     something like "enter special sequence".  At this time press 1 then 2 then 3

the printer screen does not bring up a support menu. In stead, the screen shows

uiaux

Support

VIxxFN0724AR

and I cannot do anything with the arrows. Looks like the screen is frozen. How can I reset the factory preset parameters in this situation?

HP Recommended

I am getting the same code - VixxFN0724AR

What next?

HP Recommended

only the black & yellow colours print? I think my problem may have commenced when I downloaded an update for this machine.

CWAG

HP Recommended

@CWAG wrote:

only the black & yellow colours print? I think my problem may have commenced when I downloaded an update for this machine.

CWAG

Hi CWAG, have you checked the ink levels & cleaned the printhead?

Details in this link

Ciara

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.