Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Plus B210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I moved this printer from my father's house and went through the network setup wizard to connect to my network.   I was able to successfully print a Wireless Network Test Report which shows that it was connected and has "Excellent" signal quality.

I was having trouble trying to "find" the printer when attempting to add this printer to Windows 10 running on my laptop, so I decided to try to use the Software Update available through the setup menu.    It appeared to download a new firmware update, then install it.    Now when it boots, it flashes a code "B8145558", then requests that I power off, then power on.

When I do this, it flashes the code again...    Looping...

Once I was able to catch it prior to flashing the code and go through the menu to "Reset to factory settings", but that did no good...

Is there a fix for this???

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

An update:

I found a YouTube video showing how to do a "full reset", so I tried it.

This allowed me to get out of the boot-errorCode-onOff-boot loop since it allowed me to "start fresh".

However, whenever I attempt to go through the wireless setup, after selecting the SSID and entering the pass-phrase, the printer attempts to connect to the network and again takes the "B8145558" code.     It then prompts to perform the Off-On sequence.   The machine will again boot, but each time I try to set up the network it takes the code.

Thoughts? Solutions?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@CktDesigner, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Resetting the printer to its factory settings may help.

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Kumar, but performing the reset did not solve the problem.   I sent a private message detailing what I did...

Hopefully there are other things I can try!

HP Recommended

@CktDesigner

On the  Wireless test report, check if the wireless radio/card is working fine. It should say Pass.

Go to Setup menu > Wireless > Run wireless network Test

If the printer pass the test, you may Restore Network Defaults, go to IP settings > disable IPv6 and run the Wireless setup wizard again.

If the above steps do not help, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

I ran the "Wireless network test" and it passed the "Wireless working" portion, then failed the SSID found since the wireless setup hasn't completed.

Note that earlier the "Wireless network test" passed completely.   But after having problems "finding" the printer from my laptop,  I clicked the "Product Update" option and the printer downloaded and installed new firmware.   It was at this point that the Error code started to appear.

I tried to contact the HP Support Team using the sequence you suggested, but it says that the warranty period has expired and the only option given is to visit the HP Support Community.     This is where I was a few days ago when I searched for support when this issue started!

Is there a way to go back to the original firmware?

I suspect that either 1) the downloaded firmware was corrupted, or 2) the Flash memory didn't clear or write properly when the new firmware was being written.     I suspect that the "bad code" is in the area where the WiFi connection is being established.      It always fails after I'm asked to verify the WiFi settings and the display shows that the printer is attempting network connection.      It "waits" for a few seconds, probably long enough for the printer to exchange information with the router.    I suspect that when it has received its IP address, it hits the bad code.

Can you tell me what code B8145558 has for its definition?

Note again that I was able to connect to this router prior to downloading/installing new firmware!

Thanks... 

HP Recommended

@CktDesigner

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, there is no option to roll back to the previous version of firmware. The only option was the reset process which did not help.

To provide you with some additional information I require a few details, I have sent you a private message. Kindly revert.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the info.

I contacted HP Support using the number you provided and after describing the problem, I was told that there is no fix, and that I should throw the printer away...

Thanks...

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. The only information I have in regards to this error message is that it is a wireless communication issue with the network. As you have indicated that you already tossed the printer, my support options are limited. If there is anything furth I can do to assist you, please let me know.

Regards,

GeorgeSoMe

-HP Social Media Support

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.