Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I owned a 6968 which stopped printing blue. Tried all the usually clean heads, switch to new ink, cartridge, etc. It is over a year old so broke down and bought a new 6978. It is BRAND NEW from Staples. It doesn't print blue either (either our document or during a test page). We were using the cartidges that came with the BRAND NEW printer. After spending 30 minutes of searching my wife did another "Clean Print Head" tried printing and NOPE no blue, but then clicked the "Clean Again" button to do a "longer" clean and viola, it is currently working. However, makes me wonder if I didn't need to buy a new printer in the first place. Sounds like a software/hardware problem that HP needs to fix there is no reason a brand new printer with new cartridges should have to deal with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@clarkbart,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Regards

A4Apollo

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@clarkbart,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Regards

A4Apollo

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I, too have an issue printing cyan on my HP 6978.  I have tried cleaning the print heads over and over and over until it told me to call support.  I also aligned the print head, took the cartridges out and cleaned the connectors, and made sure the "vent" was clear on each (found on another post).  Nothing is working.  Very disappointed.  If there is another solution that worked for someone else, I would be very appreciative. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. No Cyan Blue will print. Have tried Clean Printheads three times. No luck!

HP Recommended

I also have been trying to get my blue cyan to print on my 6968 All in One. I have tried multiple times, replaces cartridge, checked the vent & bottom 4 orange dots, clean the printer, etc. I will try one more printhead deep cleaning. But I am stuck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.