Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Inkjet 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I wanted to scan anything, I would open the HP printer assistant app and go from there. Suddenly it is gone on one of the computers. How do I get it back?

picture of what I would like to access is below.

I have tried re-installing drivers etc, but no go. 

Thanks,

AT

HP Printer.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Shreddd 

Please try

(a) Hit Win key,

(b) Locate HP folder from Menu, expand it,

(c) Select your printer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

That is the problem, suddenly that link that used to be the Printer Assistant results in an install process. This is what opens when I hit the link: (I have gone through the process and it doesn't fix anything)

IMG_20190818_195834_DRO.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.