Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi JohnathanW,

What printer to you have and what is the scan problem you are experiencing?

The patch fixes an issue with HP Inkjet products that causes an additional page to be printed after the intended document has completed.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

The patch appears to have worked. The Photosmart 3210 All-in-One now prints without also printing an additional page and then claiming a non-existent paper jam. Thank you.

HP Recommended

I tried EVERYTHING, and this was the only thing that worked.  I tried Airprint, repaired permissions, uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted the dyld cache and rebuilt....tried updating Apple Software again and again, but apparently it never downloaded the printer driver or at least instruction for my Mac to FIND that printer driver.  So, I downloaded the Apple driver for Mavericks from your link and it WORKED.  I am printing.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

I have a HP M1522nf multifunction printer.

I recently purchased a new iMac w/ OSX Mavericks.

I downloaded the following software:

HP Printer Software Update Version 2.16.1

HP-LaserJet-SW-OSX-Mavericks_v12.34.26.dmg

The computer and printer are both connected by ethernet cable to the same network. I am able to successfully print wirelessly to the HP M1522nf. I am looking to scan remotely to my iMac.

I open the HP Utility application that came w/ the 2nd mentioned software download. See the linked video to see what happens when I try to set up a new device:

http://screencast.com/t/iZbnrGIOfPGA

I have upgraded everything I know to upgrade when it comes to the HP Drivers. Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Update: user replicated the error when printing a 3MB .jpeg file. Message on printer screen = 20 Insufficient Memory, then prints out a page with

ERROR: Limitcheck

OFFENDING COMMAND: image

How do I verify I have the latest Driver installed. 

have HP Laserjet CP3525n showing PostScript (really...PS...wow) 19.9 or something like that.

Issues are:

Error: Unable to store job at printer

Reason: Disk is not present or is full

Solution: Add disk (RAM or EIO hard disk) or delete files

as well (as described to me by user) "not enough memory" something like that.

This is occuring for TWO users on seperate MAC on Mavericks for TWO different CP3535n printers. Started about 2 months ago (MAC update?)

HP Recommended

Thanks for the assistance, but I downloaded the updates, to no avail.  However, I now scan through Preview.  This solved my problem.  

I go into Preview.  Then go to File and click on Import from HP Photosmart.  From there I simply hit scan.

HP Recommended

Hi I have an Officeject Pro L7780. It was unistalled and resinstalled and has not done so successfully. It still prints but I can no longer scan at all, and can't find any of the related apple options via priview etc. offering any of the scan options you mention.

This is driving me nuts, can you help at all the scanner is  critical to me. Whilst it is an older model there is nothing else wrong wth it and it was working fine!

Am on OSX 10.9 Mav

Thank You!

HP Recommended

Using Preview and/or Preferences Printers & Scanners for my HP Photossmart C4280 Printe is awful. The images don't look nearly as good as when I was using HP's scanning software, and can't seem to preview before comitting to the image. Boy I hope this gets fixed soon.

P.S.

Stil I think HP has done a great job for quite some years now, so I'm going to try to be patient, or find another printer that works correctly if this solution does not happen soon.

---
Thank you,
Micdim
HP Recommended

Thanks for the informations! I have another major issue regarding Adobe Acrobat XI on Mac OS 10.9. I already wrote a ticket on Adobe's forum, but I would like some help from HP too.

Acrobat systematically crash when I scan documents and use Adobe's OCR. I don't know why, but it usually happens after the first transcoded page. I'm sometime able to scan one or two fully transcoded pages, but, most of the time, Acrobat and the scanning process crash. I know that Acrobat uses ImageCapture by default. It's also compatible with TWAIN, but I don't know how to use my printer using TWAIN on Mac.

My printer is Model # ce538a, HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf. I plugged it on a Airport Extreme router, using network cable. I think I'm using Apple's Bonjour protocol/thingy...

I must say I'm not a IT professionnal, just an entousiast that need help! 😛

HP Recommended

I have been trying to get my C4250 to scan for over 2 hours now. It simply will NOT work with Mavericks. I've tried everything, other than downloading a previously linked file as that link was to a driver well before the current 5.0.4 driver that is currently installed.

I've tried scanning from Preview. No go. I've tried scanning via image capture. No go.  When I try scanning from system preferences/printers and scanners and I click on the "scan" button, everything is grayed out.

Consolidate your feces, HP. It's not like Mavericks just came out two days ago.

*GRRRRRRRRRR*

I'll be buying a new, functional printer/scanner tomorrow, and it WILL NOT be an HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.