Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Scan Request Handler Pop Up Won't. Go. Away! (and there's no red-dot-close button either!

HP Envy Photo 7855
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Brand new printer. Trying to scan a doc on flatbed for 1st time. Didn't connect to my Macbook. So I decided to launch it via Macbook Sys Pref, Printer, Scan mode instead. But hamstrung w/o the ability to do ANYTHING until this darn "HP Scan Request Handler" Pop-Up goes away. And it won't. I x-ed it out and it currently says "Stopping..." but it's been like that for EVER. Help. Me. Get rid of it HP, pleazzzzze!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,667 4,662 306 330
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Scan Request Handler Pop Up Won't. Go. Away! (and there's no red-dot-close button either!

@AychePee

A warm welcome to HP Community!

Removing the existing Scanner Application and then installing HP Easy Scan may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) Use the steps available here to force close the HP Scan app. Power off and power on Mac.

2.) Open Finder, click Applications.

3.) Delete the existing HP scanner applications by moving it to trash.

4.) Download and install HP Easy Scan from here

Instruction on how to use HP Easy Scan can be found here

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ive the same problem.  Installed new HP driver but same problem persists,  How do I handle this?  M

0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here.  Un-installed all HP software on my Mac, then re-installed new "Easy Scan" (there's a misnomer!), and it still does the same thing.  Then I saw that the new Easy Scan doesn't work with Catalina! I guess we have to wait until HP gets off it's duff and fixes it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,460 7,452 485 591
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @brazirl

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the scanning issues.

Are you using macOS 10.15 Catalina?

HP Easy Scan is not yet compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. We're actively working to restore complete functionality. I suggest using HP Smart app or Apple Image capture to scan from your MAC. Kindly refer to this document to know how. 

Refer to this document for more info on HP Easy Scan.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, Kumar.  Apple Image Capture works fine, but HP Smart Scan hangs up if I don't want to sign up for instant ink! It's also only rated two stars in the app store. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,460 7,452 485 591
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@brazirl, glad to know that you are able to scan from Apple Image Capture.

Removing and re-installing the HP Smart App may resolve this issue. Here is how to do it:

1. Open Finder and click Applications
  2. Move HP Smart App to Trash and clear the Trash.
  3. Open Finder then click Go and Click Home.
  4. Click View then Click Show View Options. Check the box Show Library Folder.
  5. The change is instantaneous and the Library folder will immediately be visible.
  6. Open Library and Open Application Support, move HP Smart folder to Trash and clear the Trash
  7. Download and install the HP Smart App from here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation