Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Tango
iOS

The HP Smart app does not allow me to change the paper type.  I have some 8.5 x 11 advanced photo paper and I am trying to print a photo using the HP Smart app from my phone.  When I use a 4x6 or 5x7 piece of paper it automatically changes the paper type to 'photo' but when I choose an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper it automatically changes the paper type to 'plain' without giving me the option to change it to anything else.  Is there anyway to get the printer or app to print this as a photo?  Does it even matter if I select 'best' for the quality of the print?  I don't want to waste the paper doing testing if possible.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the HP Smart app, click your printer icon and select Tray and Paper.

From there you may change the Paper Tray settings as required for Large Paper and press Apply, return to the home screen, and then print your photo and review the paper settings.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.