Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8030
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Can the HP Smart app notify me when my printer is out of paper?  I often print large jobs and then leave my office to do things elsewhere in my home.  It would be nice if my phone could tell me when it's time to go back and load more paper.  It seems like the app should be able to do this, but I'm having difficulty finding a setting. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@elb7913 

Not sure about HP Smart on your phone - the printer may be able to alert you via email.

If the feature is supported on your printer, the setup might be found (and can be configured) in the Embedded Web Server (EWS)

Example

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Settings > Email Alerts

1. Set the Server information
  2. Set an Alert Destination (click the tiny "people" icon and add the email address you set up in "Email Server")
  3. Open Alert Settings > Check box(es) for the alerts for which you want to be notified.

Example - Officejet Pro 9025 > EWS > Settings > Email Alerts

9025_EWS_Email_Alerts_Email_Server9025_EWS_Email_Alerts_Email_Server

9025_EWS_Email_Alerts_Alert_Destinations9025_EWS_Email_Alerts_Alert_Destinations

9025_EWS_Email_Alerts_Alert_Settings9025_EWS_Email_Alerts_Alert_Settings

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.