Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I cannot print wirelessly using my laptop(works for the phone app). The HP Smart desktop app only recognizes PDF files. If I try to print directly from a Word Document, it shows under the printer name that a user intervention is required to print. When clicked, it just takes me to the app and doesn't, which, again, only works with PDFs. Please fix this.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I cannot print wirelessly using my laptop(works for the phone app). The HP Smart desktop app only recognizes PDF files. If I try to print directly from a Word Document, it shows under the printer name that a user intervention is required to print. When clicked, it just takes me to the app and doesn't, which, again, only works with PDFs. Please fix this.

HP Recommended

I can print from HP Smart, but not from windows explorer or outside of HPSmart. I have updated my drivers and rebooted same issue. what is going on?

HP Recommended

I'm curious what version of HP Smart are you running?   I am running 75.1.298.0 .  If you click on the question mark on the left side it will tell you.   If you aren't running the latest you need to download the HP print suite and reinstall.   

Find it very odd you can't print from windows explorer.  So if you right click on a file you don't see print near the top in the subcontext menu?   I think that would be installed by any printer software so if you get the latest download for your printer and reinstall, I think it will correct it.    Good luck

Mine below ... 

Untitled picture.png

HP Recommended

I just bought and installed an HP Deskjet 2652 and I am having the exact same problem. HP smart is only seeing pdf files.

I found this post while looking for a possible solution.  

HP Recommended

The only possible solution at this point is don't use the software.   

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

My printer HPOfficeJet 6600 was only feeding blank pages from my laptop (worked from my phone ok) so eventually I uninstalled the existing software and found the HPSmart app on my machine on rebooting.

I used it to set up the printer again (it didn't have to do much as everything was already there) .

Invited to print a document, the only option was PDF!

Is there any point persevering with this app? Aprt from the fact that it is slow and unresponsive (and looks horrible on a desktop, like all modern windows "apps" (we mustn't call them "programs" now) )

Or should I re-install the software I had before, OJ6600_1315-1.exe which worked?

HP Recommended

Try reinstalling the software that worked.  

HP Recommended

I know this question has almost 2 years but has there any solution to this?

HP Recommended

I tried printing from the file (Microsoft Word and Excel and the printer status shows as inactive. The page comes up blank. I am using Windows 10 with Office 2007. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.