Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have recently been given a Mac WorkBook G4 and want to use  my HP4180 as a scanner, I only have the disc I ggot when I bought the printer and it is for Windows Vista

HP Recommended

Get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I have a HP C4280 that is connected to my MacBook.  All features work fine, but I am trying to change the default settings on the printer, so that it defaults to black and white, instead of color.  I know how to change this with each print job, but I want to change the default.  I go to Applications --> HP Folder --> HP Device Manager, but can't find any way to get to the printer settings.  I appreciate any advice that can be offered.

HP Recommended

With 10.5 this is difficult.  Here is how:

- First, perform a print job with the desired print mode.

- Next, open Finder and navigate to: [your user folder] > Library > Preferences > com.apple.print.PrintingPrefs.plist

- Do not open the file, but with it highlighted, perform a Command-I on the keyboard

- Check the box next to "Locked"

- Close the window and Finder

Now that preset will be locked as the default.  In 10.6 & 10.7 it is much easier, the print modes are "sticky", in other words the last preset used is what is used next (for each app).

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased a Mac Notebook 15 with Retina Display. How can I get the HP Solution Center to work with my HP Color Laser Jet Printer & Scaner CM 232 On MFP?

HP Recommended
gtguntner, Can you provide a little more information to help narrow troubleshooting? What version of OSX are you using?
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Printer HP Deskjet 3510 Drivers Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Use driver for HP Deskjet F4200 series

For printer only support when using the HP Deskjet 3510 printer, use the driver for HP Deskjet F4200 series

This driver works for printing only bw, grey scale, color.

HP Recommended

I purchased an HP 3522 Printer and the software is not compatible with my MAC OS X 10.5.8...how can I get it to perform?

HP Recommended

It appears this printer (HP Deskjet 3522) is not compatible with my Mac (OS X 10.5.8)!  Is there not a solution for this printer vs. computer?  A shame that they won't talk with one another...as I was hoping they would develop a relationship...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.