Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 8725 all in one printer/scanner

It's been nearly two months since everyone has experienced problems in outdated HP printer drivers and awaiting a permanent solution to get new HP drivers to support the latest Mac Catalina operating system.  Nearly all their competitors have provided new drivers to resolve printer issues --that is -- all except HP.  It should not take nearly 2 months for HP to come up with a solutions so their customers can actually print and scan.  

Disgusted with HP.  Every time I attempt to contact HP support they refer me to the community message boards.  The community can't solve this problem when the problem is with HP drivers.  HP needs to fix the problem and take responsibility.  If HP doesn't fix this problem soon, they will have fewer customers in the future.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Oracle69 

Firstly I'd like to clarify: I'm not working for any hardware or software vendor. Your printer/scanner had been working perfectly for few years or even decades and now it won't do anything or only few things because of a new Operating system.

Microsoft, Apple will never say "Warning: Using this new product, your existing hardware may NOT work at all". They only say their new products will blah blah ....They promise everything then put all the unhappiness, blames to hardware vendors.

I believe developing new products is much cheaper than supporting older products and each product must have a life cycle, it must die loudly or quietly and the Operating systems will kill our hardware quicker. Many people just upgrade for a sake of the "bleeding edge", never know and/or research what the existing investments at home will work or not.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It is difficult to believe you don't work for HP.  First, some printer manufacturers have anticipated Apple's Mac OS system updated and those printers are working.  Second, I've had my printer only 2 years, but the age of the printer is not the issue.  The issue is not age of the printer, but support of that printer.  Even if I had a brand new HP printer, it would not work.  I'm sure you don't expect customers to buy a printer every year.  If you do believe that, then HP shouldn't be surprised to lose customers.  Third, I'm sure HP knows how crucial it is for some consumers to be able to use the printer as intended--in many cases it means money or lack thereof.  Fourth, HP has had nearly two months to correct this known issue.  Fifth, HP does not keep their consumers updated on the progress of coming up with a fix.

My two cents.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.