Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Back on 12/17/18 JillSa published the following under the topic "Re: Switch use of non-instant ink cartridge":

@JaJu14@MB_B

Hi, I just wanted to clarify that HP alignment pages or Printer reports do NOT count towards page counts for Instant Ink.

You can test this by opening your acct page at Instantink.com and making sure printer is online and refreshed so all data is up to date.  Look under your status at number of pages printed in the billing cycle.   Then print an alignment page directly from the printer based on front panel or in box directions and then go back to your acct page and refresh it and see if the page count changes.   It should not change as these printer diagnostic pages do not count towards Instant Ink prints.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP employee.
I just got around to testing this.  Before I did anything I checked my InstantInk account and it showed I had used 7 of 15 pages used.  Then I went to my printer (OfficeJet 4630) and under the Tools menu on my printer, I selected Align Printer.  It then printed an alignment page.  When I checked my account again it says 8 of 15 pages used.  So what JillSa posted is NOT true, at least for me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JaJu14,

Thanks for running the test and providing me this information.  I went back to the team and confirmed that you are correct, the older generation printers did charge for these type of reports and the printers and all the newer printers coming out the last 3-4 years Do Not charge for these types of pages.  Based on customer feedback we made that change. 

I do apologize for providing a general response when it really is a printer specific question.

I'll send you a private message to get your account details so I can compensate you for the pages you printed.

Thanks,

JillSa

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@JaJu14,

Thanks for running the test and providing me this information.  I went back to the team and confirmed that you are correct, the older generation printers did charge for these type of reports and the printers and all the newer printers coming out the last 3-4 years Do Not charge for these types of pages.  Based on customer feedback we made that change. 

I do apologize for providing a general response when it really is a printer specific question.

I'll send you a private message to get your account details so I can compensate you for the pages you printed.

Thanks,

JillSa

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

i have the same issue, even when i have the latest firmware, printer is only a few months old

HP Recommended

Hi,

I can provide you some free pages to compensate for this.   It is a printer specific change.  I'll send you a private message where you can send me the info I need to look up your account.

JillSa

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

ok thnks, any solution? will this remain the same?

HP Recommended

Some printers do count these types as printed pages and some don't so there is no way to change those that count it.

JillSa

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately there is no way around it.

HP Recommended

ok...thnks, no way around even when I dont want to print these pages?

so will this be compensated every month?

HP Recommended

These pages only print when you request to print them.  There should not be ongoing pages being printed unless you run into a problem and need to print them for troubleshooting.   If you have ongoing alignment reports printing automatically then something else may be wrong with the printer and HP support may be able to help you.  I'm hoping the extra pages provided will compensate for the rare occasion when you need to print troubleshooting or alignment pages.  I've notified the Instant Ink team about this but for now, there is no other solution.

Thanks,

JillSa 

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the compensation. However these HTTP get pages are printed without any kind of request of my side. Its done automatically.

So no solution, thats a pitty!

best regards

PG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.