Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rickles62
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP deskjet 3054 will not connect to new Linksys Velop router unless I turn off all security

HP deskjet 3054
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I got a new Linksys Velop router for my home network and it works perfectly except it would not connect to my HP deskjet 3054 printer via wifi.  I was able to get it to finally connect, but only if I turn off all security and have it as an open wifi.  When I did that it was able to connect with wps.  It wouldn't connect doing this same thing when I had WPA2 on my wifi.  Is there any way to connect the deskjet and keep my WPA2 security?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,266 6,253 457 499
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP deskjet 3054 will not connect to new Linksys Velop router unless I turn off all security

@Rickles62, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This requires changes to be made on the router and not the printer. The printer is designed to work on a wireless network with a security password. When the printer does not connect to a network, it could either be due to the security or the settings issue.

I would recommend you contact your ISP for further assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation