Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

hi All,

Hope you are all safe and well.

I got a HP deskjet 2600 series because i rarely print, but recently wanted to print photos so i got the HP photo printer paper and i am not able to print anything

1. I can print on regular paper, although it is streaked 

2.On color paper, nothing prints at all. 

I tried to remove and readded the printer cartridges and also cleaned them using the HP Smart print cleaner software.

I already got several frames trusting this printer and this is upsetting. Any ideas please... ?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi, how long has the printer been sitting unused?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

hi 8lives,

Thank you for responding. 

I used a few times and then there was a gap of about 2 months where i didnt use it at all. 

HP Recommended

Hi, the ink has dried in cartridges, try cleaning them again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

ok, i will try and let you know, thanks for the quick assist! Much Appreciated!

HP Recommended

hi 8lives,

I tried cleaning them several times, but the printing is still very streaked and now it seems that no black is printing at all. Even thought the black level is still about 40%. (which is false because the printed pages dont contain any black ink but the levels keep decreasing)

Any Ideas on what to do next? 

HP Recommended

Replace the ink cartridges.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.