Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So tired of reinstall my Envy 4520. It goes B/W whenever it feels for it, have reinstalled the software million times, work a week or two then everything goes B/W. To me, the only solution is to reinstall everything but close now to change this printer.
I know, It was cheap but I expected it to work better.  When a look at the preview it's in color.  God, I'm so tired of this.😭
W10 64 bit, HP Pavilion, Envy 4520

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Francke Exactly what is not working before the drivers have to be reinstalled? Could you elaborate?

Also, in the meantime I suggest you reinstall the drivers using the root level technique as its clears the cache and fix this once and for all:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click here to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it.

If the issue persists, please go ahead and install the windows built-in drivers: 

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: Click here

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Francke Exactly what is not working before the drivers have to be reinstalled? Could you elaborate?

Also, in the meantime I suggest you reinstall the drivers using the root level technique as its clears the cache and fix this once and for all:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click here to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it.

If the issue persists, please go ahead and install the windows built-in drivers: 

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: Click here

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, it might have done the job, now its working.
I found some drivers to an old deskjet and to an Epson printer that I thought was gone but apparently they where not.

Thanks for the help and fast reply!

Regards

ulf

HP Recommended

@Francke That's awesome, I'm glad it worked,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again,

After an update today on my pavilion and at the same time, i change ink it seems that the printer prints what ever it want.
From outlook I got some text, some color but the header is gone, some of the text is gone.

Just print a part and sometimes nothing. It's new HP 302 ink and they indicate full of paint.
Some pdf's works some dont.
I have done the reinstallation twice now, nothing works. I havent change any settings, downloaded the s/w from HP's webbsite.
restarted the printer severel times.
From a word document I got half the text and then nothing.
HP's printdoctor doesnt indicate anything but the testside locks bad, and it doesnt help to adjust7clent the heads
Could it be that my printer is to old or?

HP Recommended

@Francke, Welcome to HP Support Community!

What happens when you make a photocopy on the printer?

Have you tried printing a print quality diagnostic report on the printer? If no, here is how you do it-

1. Make sure to load the input tray with plain, white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic report prints.

Image: Example of the Print Quality Diagnostic Page

Share the image for further isolation of the issue. 

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure how this could happen, but since  I bought two sets of ink cartridges and I thought, since this printer goes into the garbage tomorrow, I can also test the other set as well. And of course everything worked.

So the first set showed full of ink and wrote, in good color, half of the message, some pdf in total, some not at all.
That's strange to me, explain that if you can.

And of course I don't have the receipt from Courte Ingles / Spain anymore so I can't change them but what a heck.
Now it works and I like my printer again. Litle less but still!
Thanks for the support and fast reply.

HP Recommended

@Francke

Thanks for replying!

Not to worry about the defective ink, you can reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the replacement options and I am sure they will help you!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.