02-27-2017 01:09 PM
Every few days the printer won't print. I go and clear out the queue. That doesn't work. I found an article last time about the print spooler in device manager. I cleared that and the printer was working again. A week later the printer is stuck again. Is it a Windows 10 issue? This is happening regularly to a client's printer.
02-28-2017 12:51 PM
This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP Envy 5534 printer keeps stopping and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. I appreciate your effort for trying these troubleshooting steps.
Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,
- Delete job files and restart.
- Use HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Reinstall the print driver.
- Temporarily disable your firewall software.
Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.
If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,
Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".
Let me know how you make out
I am an HP Employee
03-01-2017 06:59 AM
All of that was done with no effect. I finally found an article online about the print spooler. Once I stopped that, the machine worked fine for about one week. I can't keep going to the lady's house and doing this weekly. I actually uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it still wouldn't work. I don't even remember what I did to the print spooler and I'll have to find the webpage the instructions were on again.
03-01-2017 07:24 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I appreciate your effort on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.
- Open Windows Services using one of the following methods:
- Search Windows for services, and click Services in the list of results.
- On your keyboard, press Windows key ( ) + R, type services.msc in the window that opens, and then click OK.
- Scroll through the list of services and find the name Print Spooler.
- Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
Click here and follow step 1 to turn off the print spooler.
I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,
Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.
I am an HP Employee
- HP Printers - Minimum security settings for products on the open Internet
- HP Printers - AirPrint Print Job Does Not Print (iOS 11, Sierra, High Sierra)
- HP Printers - Cannot Print When One of the HP Ink Cartridges is Empty
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP Printers - Having Trouble Claiming Your Printer?