Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 65XXHP Office Jet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I installed all four original HP ink cartridges and when I print the colors do not print correctly. Where the color should be blue, it came out as tan. I have cleaned the printhead 6 times and now where the blue should be it is more of a dark green/blue which is better than tan but it is still not the right color blue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dm17

That's unfortunate. I would recommend you to try our other support options for further assistance.

Follow the steps below to reach out to our HP Support team:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true 
2) Select the country from the drop-down.

3) Select your product type below.
4) Enter the serial number of your device. 
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further. 

Thank you. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@dm17, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Let us try the following steps:

Step 1: Reset the printer

To reset the printer, disconnect the printer from the power source, and then reconnect it.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Step 2: Update the printer firmware

The HP printer must connect to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active Internet connection to receive updates.

Check for the latest printer updates.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, touch the ePrint icon ().

2. Wait for the printer to connect to the ePrint server. The ePrint status displays.

3. Touch Settings on the bottom left corner of the screen.

4. Touch Printer Update, and then touch Check for Update Now.

For additional troubleshooting steps refer to this document.

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did everything that you suggested and it didn't help. Blues come out dark green and yellow does not work at all. It appears that I need to replace the print head. The part isn't available and if it was, it would cost more than the price of a new printer. Looks like I will need to start pricing a new printer

HP Recommended

@dm17

That's unfortunate. I would recommend you to try our other support options for further assistance.

Follow the steps below to reach out to our HP Support team:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true 
2) Select the country from the drop-down.

3) Select your product type below.
4) Enter the serial number of your device. 
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further. 

Thank you. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

have hp Officejet 3830  will not print in color have tried all suggestions, what should I do now? bought in may, in july doesn't work.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.