Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
office jet pro 6970
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My injet printer suddenly has stopped allowing me to print. The printer displays the message: 'HP instant ink problem, cannot print, visit hpinstantink.com for more information'. All I can do onthis webpage is login to my account (which works fine) but I do not see any details of any problem with my account. I'm up to date with my payments so do not understand. I have dowloaded and installed the latest software, but this has not solved the problem. Please, any ideas as this is very frustrating!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SteveJacko,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Office Jet Pro 6970 and it displays a prompt saying instant ink status cannot print. visit www.hpinstantink.com for information. 

To assist you better, I would like to know the following information:

• Are you an existing instant ink customer?
  • Is it a new printer or were you using it before?
  • Did any changes take place on the printer?
  • Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

This message would normally appear if there is a billing issue with the Instant Ink service. (sometimes it represents a connection issue, but I'm pretty confident that it is not.)

Let’s start by performing a network power drain. Follow the steps below:

Turn off all the devices connected on your network including the PC, Smartphones, printer, modem (if present) and router. Make sure all the devices in the network are turned off / unplugged.

Wait for 2-3 minutes.

Now turn on the modem if present. Wait till all the lights are steady and idle.

Then turn on the router. Again wait for a couple of minutes so that the lights are all steady.

Then turn on the PC and other devices.

If the printer is online and if it's enrolled, then I would suggest here is to update the printer.

In order to update the printer, On the printer control panel - Setup - Printer Maintenance - Update the printer.

Once done, restart the printer and then check.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to login to your HP Instant ink account page and on the top left click on the Notification Icon.

Here it will tell what is the possible cause and what steps needs to be taken in order to fix the issue.

If you are still having the same issue, I would need to know few details regarding your Instant ink account to help you with this issue.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is no notification icon on HP instant ink website. the webpage has been updated to a new design. Is there any other way that we can view the details of the error? Mine is saying that i have an account error and I have a HP DeskJet 2650 Printer and I'm an existing HP Instant Ink Customer and the website has no notification bell to identify my problem

HP Recommended

@Jonathan97, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.