Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP malicious upgrade

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 All-in-One

Hello,

Before the last firmware upgrade i was very happy with my OfficeJet Pro 6960, most of the time i use the scanner and time to time i print black and white document, i didn't use it for photo or hight quality print, for that reason, i use generic black ink cartridge, mostly for the price has i don't care of the quality.

Now, HP decide to upgrade my printer firmware with a malicious software, amd y cartridge are useless. to be honnest i don't like the idea that HP can do what ever they want with my IT equipment, this "printerJacking" make me feel that this printer is not for me.

Dear HP, instead of blocking customer printer, why don't you just put a message that if you use other cartridge than HP the quality can be lower, and let customer decide, and when you decide to upgrade a  firmware, please GIVE CUSTOMER ALL INFORMATION ABOUT THE FIRMWARE!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN "SECURITY" IS BASE ON MARKETING STRATEGY.... THINK ABOUT HOW MANY CUSTOMER YOU ARE READY TO LOOSE

Thanks for your inderstanding

Michael

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,420 13,421 1,283 1,513
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Michael153

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We are here to support you. Some non-HP branded cartridges are not working on HP OfficeJet or OfficeJet Pro printers. For us to help you with this, please contact us here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation