Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP office pro 6960
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer was working well for scanning and printing for something like a year. but, now am facing issues as i can not print or scan anything.

For a while, i used my wife laptop, but right now, nothing works anymore.

The printer is seen as online. When we try to print, nothing happened. Sometime is written in the printer waiting list "error, printing in progress" or something similar (i translate that from French). But mainly, nothing is written.

So, a kind of resume of actions done with no effect:

- HP doctor did find and solved some minor error as port and waiting list.

- i Re installed that software.

- Turned off wifi and printer 2 or 3 times.

- Followed the assistance of virtual bot on this website "who" asked for some report like:

-- Connectivity: non error.

-- Firmware update: ok

-- ... i forgot the rest.

Hope to get avices

Happy new year

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@whateverthename,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to print from your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you able to make a copy?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. 
  2. Remove USB cable, if present. 
  3. Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge. 
  4. Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer. 
  5. Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps to root uninstall the printer and then reinstall it.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The Fossette,

Thanks for your reply. Greatly appreciated!

So!..

I did the fisrt step by step with no success (and yes, copying is doable).

The second Step By step worked on the other laptop, but not on mine as it seems really tough to delete the server properties.

When i try to do so, it reply (from french):

"Impossible to delete the driver HP office jet pro 6960 PCL-3, 64x, Type 4 - Mode user

The specified printer's driver is currently in use "

I delete other old printers, i re start hd smart (but the printer was concidered as offline, so i removed the software itself (...)

But then, i could not re install it for some technical issues on website.

DO you have any other ideas?

HP Recommended

@whateverthename,

Follow the below steps and check.

Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard to bring up the run menu.

Type %temp% in the run field, and click OK.

Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

Open folder Util

Open folder CCC

Run the uninstall_ L4.bat

When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard to bring up the run menu.

Type %programfiles% in the run field and click OK.

Delete any HP/Hewlett Packard folders.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.