09-19-2019 08:10 PM
Printer Failure ...Error code 0x6100004a
There is a problem with the printer or print system. Turn the printer Off, then On.If you continue to get this message, contact HP.
I have turn it off and on, still receiving message. HP will make me pay to talk to them. Any ideas on how to get it to print?
09-22-2019 09:27 AM
@Lannf1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I'm afraid this seems like an issue with the printhead of the printer. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, check if the print carriage is moving freely and there is no paper jam inside the printer
Refer to the steps mentioned in this document
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
01-02-2020 03:21 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try these steps -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Have a great day!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee