Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I'm very glad to hear that!  Sometimes your network can just get "cluttered" and a network reset roughly once a month will help speed up the communication between the devices.   Thank you for coming back to let me know.

Happy Printing!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

FINALLY a solution for my issue I spent hours trying to set up this printer. Brand new I couldn't get it set up with my Mac computer, but it took only a few minutes to set up with my HP laptop. BIG THANKS!!

HP Recommended

Installed the Officejet8600 N911 g/n about 4 monthdsago on a wireless network.  All copmputers mae good use of theprinter until a few days ago when for no apparent reson the Mac Pro could no longer print.  Documents were shown as printing but they ended up on hold and not printed.  Meanwhile the iMAC had no problems.  All sofyware was updated all systems were rebooted andtheNETGEAR Router 's Genie showed the Mac Pro on the wireless network with good mbps numbers and signal stength.  Called HP service (877-796-6247) for support. Pinging the printer was successfull but no printing.  HP sevice tech lost connection and we are waiting for a callback ..... To be continued if a solution is found.  I don'tbelieve in gremlins!

HP Recommended

I believe it is gnomes in this case that may be causing the issue...wifi gnomes lol ok seriously tho try resetting the printing system on the Mac.  If you can get the printer to obtain an IP address (print the network configuration page to confirm settings) then type those numbers into a web-browser and if you can access the printer's web page, then you should be able to install the software again.

Depending on your exact issue, the technical support advisor will likely come to a website similar to this one to troubleshoot with you.

See also Mac Printing Forums

I hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Just wanted to say that this extremely clearly written  and helpful solution also fixed my problem. Thank you so much fo rtaking thetime to spell it all out. and i learned a new trick, too - setting a static IP.

HP Recommended

i want to now the answer.

i want to buy one of this but all people in my house have macbook pro, and with this problem is not recomendable.

thanks

HP Recommended

This is a good printer.  Besides the issue in this thread is going to have more to do with their type of wireless router causing issues than specifically their Mac.

Good luck in your purchase

HP Recommended

Thanks to:

Distinguished Professor
who described in expert detail on how to set my HP Officejet 8600 Plus to a static IP address. After following those instructions I was finally able to print again.  

HP Recommended
Thanks!

HP Recommended

Resetting the static IP worked for me. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.