Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

i have HP pro 8600 worked fine for over a year now it just stopped printing from 4S iphone, ipad, apple computer, my wifes 4 iphone and ipad mini.   settings say  Nework name, MAC: numbers and letters follow then Wireless Direct : OFF

tried turning everything off and restarting no luck. 

HP Recommended

First, go into the wireless settings from the front panel of the printer and restore network defaults, then use the wireless setup wizard in the printer to reconnect to your network. 

You do have a wireless setup at your house, correct?

Wireless Direct is when the printer transmits its own temporary wireless access point for one device to connect to it in order to print.  But from what I can tell you want all your devices on your home WIFI network and your printer as well.

Let me know how the above steps works for you.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

I had an identical problem where the computer would sometimes print and sometimes not.

Tried all the usual uninstall/reinstall printer driver, etc.

Changing the printer to a static address made it possible to print wirelessly again.

Many thanks.

HP Recommended
Very good! Thanks for coming back to the forums to let us know what worked!

HP Recommended

Cant find the original post- gave kudos.

HP Recommended
Thanks a bunch for the kudos too! Many may have the same problem but sometimes it's never the same solution. You've helped many more by sharing.

Happy Printing!

HP Recommended

I have the most current firmware revision and have been unable to print for about 2 or 3 weeks now.   I have reinstalled, uninstalled, got my networks on it, deleted printers, added printers and I have even asked HP for help and all I have heard are crickets.  I have an iMac and a Macbook Pro that were both working and now they are not.  I like the printer when it is working, but I doubt very much I would ever get another one after this.  Has anyone found a phone number for customer support?  Probably not.  We get to search and search forums trying to find answers.  I'm about ready to chuck this pile.

Any response to no worky with the newest version of firmware???

HP Recommended

Must be an April gremlin because my 8600 Pro stopped prining from my iMac in the middle of printing bank statementd for mytax return.  I have the HP Total Care BUT AFTER SPENDING HOURS TRYING TO TROUBLE SHOOT I WAS UNABLE  an HP phone number for the promised quick response or to obtain a loner while my printer was diagnosed.  I have been very satisfied with the printer and was ready to get another unit for my office.  I took screen shots nwith the iphone 6+ and could not get tge printer going.  Is itr an Apple thing?  

HP Recommended
From memory I think the number was 855-785-2777 but that was when I did ePrint support for iPhones and instant ink. Maybe they can at least connect you.

As for an Apple thing, eh, can't say Apple maybe so much as Bonjour which is what ties the two products together.

If you spent hours on the phone and they couldn't fix it, I wish I knew a magic spell or the right way to hold your nose to get it to work. Did they do a semi-full reset on your printer while over the phone?

HP Recommended

I have experienced the same problem and tried all of the basic suggestions without any fix to the problem.

Here is my set-up:

HP8600 ethernet cabled to my router.

HP8600 static IP address of 192.168.0.99 (I chose 99 to be more noticable and memorable).

MacBook Pro running OS X El Capitan and communicating with my router wirelessly.

Note: from my MacBook Pro, I could always print a test page directly from the HP8600 web page and I could always ping it.

My FINAL and SUCCESSFUL fix was to install the printer by selecting the "IP" (not Default and not Windows) method.

From here, I specified "192.168.0.99" and the Mac was able to communicate with the printer and determine that it is an HP8600.  After successful installation, I renamed it to be "HP-8600".  I think I saw this suggestion earlier in the thread, so thanks to whomever made that suggestion.

Now, I can successfully print via Word, Excel, Adobe, and Mail.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.