Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My mac book pro worked fine with 8600 printer.  my husband got a new laptop and now he can print off his laptop and the printer can't find my laptop.  I have to send things to him and have him print but it is not helpful when i want to print things when his computer isn't available.

HP Recommended

I would suggest starting a new topic/thread. This one was started on 01/29/2013, and has some solutions that helped people but there would be a lot of changes since then (e.g. wireless router firmware updates, printer firmware updates, MacOS updates etc.) that this could be a different problem now. So it would be best to start a new topic/thread.

HP Recommended

Why did my 8600 PRO start going to pause after printing one time. I can restart it and it's good for one more print before it goes to pause. When you take it off pause it will not print unless you restart the printer again. I'm wireless, will a hard wire solve this problem? I'm using a Apple desk top.

HP Recommended

Thank you, adding the printer by IP (manually) works.

Dunno if anyone stated the details but briefly:

1. set static ip on printer,

2. add printer on mac by click the IP (globe option),

3. type in your static address from step 1,

4. use the hp jet direct protocol, leave queue blank,

5. type any name u like,

6. use the HP Officejet 8600 software from the dropdown menu.

HP Recommended

Thank you. These steps were very helpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.