Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photo smart 6520

Changed low ink cartridges and printed a label but now printing only blank pages. All other colours show on diagnostic reports but black box is blank although text on report is black. Have unplugged and tried alignment and cleaning . Can anyone help ? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Jax15, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document Black Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues, and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried to contact HP support, HP support does not connect at all, with or without the Firewall connected it says you are updating. Clearly the problem isn’t the internet connection or I wouldn’t be able to send this. I have turned it off and replaced with the original cartridge when it worked 5 minutes beforehand, but whether there are any cartridges installed at all or not the message stays and I cannot bypass it.  I have tried turning it on and off, switching off at the mains, taking all the inks out, and putting in new.  I have used these cartridges previously without a problem. It is still connected to the computer and internet says it's working perfectly when scanned for problems, but clearly it isn't as it won't print.  I have read some other examples of this online and tried answers already posted, does this mean that I now have to ditch a printer that worked fine until new ink was put in? Is it a result of HP adding firmware during an update? Is there any way to cure this?

HP Recommended

Hi @secours

I have sent you a private message with the contact details. 

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There seems to be a problem this posting.  You seem to have got my user name somehow for your post, I have never had a Photosmart 6520 nor have I ever owned a Photosmart 6520.  I do have a correct posting on the forum currently but that’s about a Photosmart B209a-m.  Something has gone wrong somewhere.

HP Recommended

@secours

Try these steps

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you are an HP employee then you should know that you are sending your messages TO THE WRONG PERSON!!!  Surely a computer company should be better informed,   it is clearly an error as I have posted on both this and my own posting.  Doesn't anyone read them??  This is Jax15 NOT secours.  Please sort it out.

HP Recommended

Oh great now you have excelled yourself.  You have deleted or denied me access to my post and have sent me 4 emails that are addressed to Jax15.  THAT IS NOT ME.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.