Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with my printer preset colour : Functieadres 0x00007FFb5F48A839 beschermingsfout 0xe06d7363. I only want to print black, but I can't install my preset

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@vdgaag, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which application are you trying to print from?

The changes can be made to print only in black in the print preview section before printing the document/picture.

HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer series is capable of printing in single-cartridge mode where you may print only in Black without installing the tri-color ink cartridge in the printer.

If you want to make changes in the software to print only in black, refer to the steps mentioned in this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I want to open the settings, I get the error message immediately and I cannot choose anything. Function address 0x00007FFD9E9FA839 is causing a protection error. (Except 0xe06d7363)

HP Recommended

I use network printing. When I use a usb connection, I have no problems with the settings.

HP Recommended

@vdgaag

Thank you for the response. Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Restart the network devices

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

On the printer screen, go to Setup > tools > restore factory settings

Tap on the Wireless icon > Settings > Wireless setup wizard > choose your network > connect the printer to the wireless network.

Try printing.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer, but the problem is still the same. This problem came after a Windows 10 update

HP Recommended

@vdgaag

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers

1.  In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
  2.  Select your HP Printer 
  3.  Select Uninstall 
  4.  In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
  5.  In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
  6.  Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
  7.  Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
  8.  Click on the “Drivers” tab 
  9.  Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
  10.  Select Ok 
  11.  Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
  12.  Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue occurred after a windows update, try restoring the PC to a previous date when it was working fine.

Refer to the steps mentioned in this document to know how.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Everything performed as described. Software and printers and drivers were removed and reinstalled several times. Only scanning worked and printing no longer worked.
I have been busy for 5 hours and I did not succeed. Finally system recovery done, but I now see 2 printers and I CAN'T STILL print in color.
On a second computer I also cannot make the preferred settings for network printing. Also get the error message there

HP Recommended

@vdgaag

That's unfortunate. Let us remove those printers in devices and printers, uninstall the driver and add windows built-in drivers that may help.

Refer to this document to know how.

Try printing in color.

Note: You may also select HP Deskjet 990c driver which is a generic driver.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I made it into a network printer and now I can print colors again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.