05-06-2020 05:39 AM
My second attempt to get printer to operate at normal speed. I performed a root reinstall of the software, but the printer still doesn't list under SETTINGS/DEVICES/PRINTERS&SCANNERS, and won't list when I try to add it.
The printer prints OK, but takes FIVE MINUTES to print a half-sheet of A4 text!
Because the printer doesn't list, I'm unable to carry out ' Slow Printing Stage 3 Check the printer preferences' from HP's Knowledge Base.
HP provides no firmware update for this model.
What to do next?
05-13-2020 02:33 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you
Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.
Let's try and uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.
First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Restart your computer.
- Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
- Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
- Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer” – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
- Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
- Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go running window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
- Now restart your computer again.
- Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
- Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
- Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
- Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well
- Windows image acquisition stop and restart the service
Reinstall the drivers from Software and drivers page
If the issue persists, install the printer using windows built-in drivers
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
05-22-2020 06:21 AM
I completed the above recommended procedure as I understood it, but the printing is no better. It still takes about 10-15 minutes to print a sheet of A4!
Perhaps I’m not doing the procedure properly. I simply deleted everything that appeared to relate to H-P/Hewlett Packard. However, the listing under Control Panel/Printers & Scanners also included EPSON XP (my alternative printer) as well as some Microsoft and OneNote items. EPSON listings (and sometimes Microsoft and OneNote listings) also appeared under Device Manager/Printers, …/Print queues, …/Imaging devices, …/Print server properties. I didn’t delete any of these.
Please advise me if I need to repeat the procedure deleting all of the above including EPSON, Microsoft and OneNote items. Or is there some alternative solution?
05-29-2020 08:51 AM
Stuck on Stage 3 at present. My HP printer wasn't listed under 'Printers and Scanners' and also wasn't listed when I searched for it. However, I found it listed using the function 'Add a local printer using manual settings' and so was able to add it to my 'Printers and Scanners' list.
However, if I attempt to print any document, although the printer is 'Ready' it doesn't print, but simply generates a pop-up 'Error printing on HP Photosmart C4200 series (Copy1)'. The item remains in the print queue (until I cancel it), but with the word 'Error' beside it.
Please advise how I can clear this blockage so that | can continue with the 'Slow Printing' procedures you've recommended.
06-02-2020 06:05 AM
I see that you have already tried the possible ways to install the printer. I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.
Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
I am an HP Employee