Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I can still scan with the since I upgraded to OSX Mavericks. I use a HP Envy 110 printer

Put it does not seem to be possible to combine 2 or more scans to one document.

This possibility has simply "disappeared"  !

HP Recommended

Hie,

Since Mavericks  OS, when you try to launch the HP Scanner ( Office Jet Pro 8500)
 the "HP Scan Pro" task semms to be frozen, and you have to delete it.

Thank for solution

Regards

Ray SAMUEL

HP Recommended

Hi FretnBoutNutn,

There is more to it than you suggest, and in my case none of your workarounds works.

I am using HP Scanjet 4890, and in my case Color images do not store or print properly either.

Regardless the content of the image, the print shows one page of grey horizontal bars.

As to the workarounds:

* The saving of PDF via the Print dialog in HP Scan gives the same result.

* Fotolader (which I guess is the Dutch name for Image Capture) states (incorrectly) that no scanner or camera is connected, and I cannot find a way to get the Scanjet 4890 recognizedc by the app.

Anyway, thanks for your hints, but I am looking forward to better ones.

HP Recommended

Thanks FretnBoutNutn for looking into this. I have the same problem with ScanJet 3800. Can save once, and the file is scrambled. Your work-arounds dont seem to help, printing to PDF results in a scrambled PDF.

Thanks for following up on this problem.

Aschi

HP Recommended

Hi

same problem, please fix it.

HP Recommended

Product: HP 8500 A909g

Issue: HP Scan is not working

When saving as a PDF, the file either is corrupt when opened or the following error appears:

"An error has occurred saving the file because it could not be written to. Check the properties for the file to make sure it is not read-only."

Image Capture does not connect to the scanner. The app stops at "Waiting for Scanner" when attemping to scan from the bed. Scanning from the feeder works.

I hope we see an update either from Apple or HP on this one...

HP Recommended

Hi macphilip,

There are actually a number of ways to append subsequently scannned pages into a single document.  Let me describe two:

* Open HP Scan, click "Scan", choose the "Documents with Text" preset, and then continue to scan your first page (or pages from an ADF).  After the first scan you should be asked if you want to add more pages.  Follow the prompts to accumulate your pages.  You can also use the Add, "+" button in the lower left corner of the HP Scan Window to include more pages.  You will see that pages are accumulated in the source list on the left hand side of the window.  When you have scanned all pages for the document, select File>Save to open the Save dialog.  Choose a file format that supports multiple pages (e.g. PDF), and make sure that the "Save all items to a single file" checkbox is checked.

* Open Image Capture, select your scanner and then click "Show Details".  Note the name and location where the scan will be saved.  Choose "PDF" as the file type, and ensure that the "Combine into single document" checkbox is checked. Click scan to complete your first page (or pages from an ADF).  Now perform another scan with the same settings for filename, location and format.  Image Capture will automatically append the new scan to the file created during your previous scan.

Please ensure that you've installed the latest updates for your product from www.hp.com/support to ensure that your software behaves as I have described.

FretnBoutNutn
HP Recommended

I have a scanjet 3800 and is not working with mavericks... the problem is that i use it for work and now i am stuck... 

HP Recommended

Hi Ray,

You are attempting to use HP software that is far to old to support Mavericks.  I recognize that this can occur if you have the older HP software installed prior to updating to a new OS version.

My recommendation is that you use the HP Uninstaller that I believe should have been provided as part of your original HP software installation to remove the old software.  You then need to go to www.hp.com/support and follow the prompts to locate the latest software for your product. 

If you have one of the earlier black & white Officejet 8500 devices I think that all that we provide for Mavericks support is a scan driver that you can use with Apple's Image Capture scanning application.  The instructions on the hp.com page will assist you with obtaining this new driver.

Best of luck,

FretnBoutNutn
HP Recommended

Hello,

I use a HP Officejet Pro L7590, but the scanner don't work under Maverick OSX. Always, with every option that the forum says, produces a pdf file in black. I see perfect in the view screen, but not in the file saved.

Please, if you know a solution, write it. 

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.