Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hi, FretnBoutNutn, what about a scan jet 3800? is there a driver for mavericks? or and updated version?
HP Recommended

Old software? really?

OK, I installed the drivers for OSX 1.8 for my Officejet 7310, last January.

Now I have OSX1.9, the software does not work, and the only suggestion on the HP web site is to try Apple Updates, which does not offer any updates for this HP software.

Talk about planned obsolescence!  😞 

Image Capture and Preview do not work well ... perhaps I should start shopping for a different AIO? (but perhaps not an HP!)

HP Recommended

I encountered the Mavericks incompatibility when I scanned and tried to 'Save as PDF to Preview' using my C7280. The solution is to use the Mac built-in Image Capture application. It requires that you designate some settings after it warms up, but it works.

HP Recommended

After updating to 10.9 Mavericks, my Officejet 6500 E709N scan driver will not function.  Repeated attempts have resulted in failure after failure - forcing a "force quit" each time.  Reports have been generated and sent.  PRINT seems to be fine... scanning is kaput. 

I have also attempted repeatedly to update the driver via the HP update software... but the "server is not available".  Bet I know why...  

Is a fix in the works to get me back up and scanning again?

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

This is an update regarding the corrupted scan output issue that so many of you have experienced.  We have successfully reproduced the behavior in our lab and have isolated the issue to some calls that HP Scan makes into Apple's core image frameworks.  When we make these calls on black & white or grayscale images, we are getting invalid data back from the calls.  To further complicate issues, this problem is only occurring on certain Mac hardware (e.g. certain graphics cards).

It's too early to tell whether what we have discovered is a bug in Mavericks, but we have engaged with Apple to discuss and determine next steps.  We are also actively investigating whether we can develop a workaround that might enable HP Scan to bypass the calls that are returning the corrupt data.

Given the nature of our analysis, it doesn't seem too far fetched to assume that a wide range of outcomes could be observed.  Our expectation at this time is that customer reports of black images, striped images, or cropped/stretched images could all have the same root cause.

If your scanning issues on Mavericks seem beyond this corrupted file output behavior, then I would request that you start a separate discussion thread where you describe what you are experiencing and provide any details that you think might help HP or others on the forum to diagnose and provide suggestions/solutions.

Thanks for your continued feedback and patience,

FretnBoutNutn
HP Recommended

I have a HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One Printer, and recently installed Mac OS 10.9. I could not print so I followed the instructions about “An ‘Unsupported Operating System’ or ‘Software not compatible’ Message Displays on a Mac Running OS X v10.9 Mavericks” at http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03976994

I uninstalled my HP software but then found no 10.9 OS drivers the C7280 is 10.8. And Apple Software Update doesn’t provide anything. 

Will a driver be created for the C7280 for 10.9 soon, and how will I know?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Your comments are rote instructions for software that works correctly.  The scan software does not work correctly in Mavericks as the saved files are garbled.  There is no "Documents with Text" option in the scan program.  Please load Mavericks onto you own computer as well as several HP printers and see if it works for you.  Thanks

HP Recommended

HP printing software is provided by Apple software update and would be automatically installed from the App store.

HP Recommended

Hi KenMac,

It appears that the document you referenced has the cart a bit ahead of the horse (i.e. instructions to download/install 10.9 updates that have not yet been posted).  

You most likely can obtain a reasonable level of print and scan functionality with the following steps that utilize a nifty feature of Image Capture.  

* Open Image Capture

* Observe the scanners listed on the left side of the window.  Select your scanner from the list.

* With no software installed for your printer, Image Capture should offer to download and install the latest drivers.  

If for any reason this approach doesn't work for you, an alternate approach would be to use the "Print & Scan" pane in System Preferences to "Add" your printer.  

* Click the "+" button at the bottom of the Printers list.  In the window that is presented select your printer.  

* Open the "Use" popup menu.  You should see an option listed with your printer's model name.  Select this option.

* Click the "Add" button to complete this setup.  This should cause the print and scan drivers for your printer to be installed.  Next time you open Image Capture you should see your printer and be able to scan.

If neither of these options works for you, I believe there is another way to obtain the drivers from an Apple web page.  I don't have that information handy right now.  Please respond if you need this and I'll dig it up for you.

Best of luck,

FretnBoutNutn
HP Recommended

Hi morriss1,

Would you mind sharing a bit about what HP product you are using, where you obtained the software that you are trying to use and any other details that you think might help someone to assist you?

FretnBoutNutn
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.