Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Are you saying that there's a way around this problem? If so, can I have the details?

HP Recommended

ahah, good luck my friend :manlol: try to read previous pages, to check how ridiculous the hepl staff can be here 

HP Recommended

Dear HP,

There is a very easy way to end this thread and others like it, and make peace with angry customers:

Please have your most competent programmers fix HP Scan for Mavericks, and put it in a place where we can easily download it.

Most of us have repaired permissions until blue in the face and used all the incomplete workarounds. Is it so much to ask for a permanent solution that solves OCR as well as all the other issues people are having serious problems on their HP scanners and multifunctional printers? We did give money to HP for these products and wish to use them without having to buy additional third party solutions that may or may not work, and in some cases cost more than replacing our devices.

HP Recommended

I just read "29 PAGES" of HP Community concerns dating back to October 2013.

You are not alone.  MAVERICK is the real Outlaw !!  I deleted all their KEY CHAIN junk and now most of my scanning works. I say most because with my iMAC I can copy photos with Image Capture and iPhoto from any on my Hp C7280 , Hp Office jet 6700 and Hp Scanjet G4050.

But I can't separate the SLIDE images when I copy 16 at one time.

Work on MAVERICK. It really seemed to help when I got ride of the KEY CHAIN stuff.  Still not sure if that is the REAL solution.

Hope that helps.

DAN

HP Recommended

I upgraded to Mavericks last weekend hoping that the majority of serious bugs and issues with peripherals would have been identified and resolved by now by all those beta testers and early adopters in the consumer world.  But alas no; one of the largest printer corporations and one of the largest software companies cannot seem to arrive at a solution that works for those who have spent hard-earned money for their products.  Simply amazing.  I work for a high tech corporation myself as an engineer, so I'm not unfamiliar with how challenging it can be to troubleshoot complicated systems - specially software.  But this is a printer interface for goodness sake; not an nuclear power plant or a missile fire control and guidance system.

Now in fairness I will say that I have tried the Image Capture method and it works for my system as a temporary work-around, but does not represent the permanent solution I and others on this thread want.

The customers are not very "HaPple HaPple HaPple" right now, as a popular Duck Dynasty character might say.  This does  bode well for PR or future sales.  If I have to go out and purchase another printer, it will not be an HP.

HP Recommended

I think you hit the nail on the head there with the best solution - to never buy a HP printer again. The products are utterly unreliable and the print reproduction is poor at best.

I have also had this annoying issue, upgrading my iMac to Mavericks and the OSX upgrading process proected the poor HP software suite (something I did not want anyway - how would I manage to survive without the constant reminders to refill my printer with HP ink? I don't know).

Upgraded my MacBook Pro to a new one with Mavericks and installed the piece of {Content Removed} HP software and it doesn't work, I can print but not scan. 

Up shot Apple Mavericks 1, HP Piece of {Content Removed} hardware and software 0..... conclusion buy a decent printer next time and not a HP one.

A valuable lesson painfully learnt, but one I will never risk having to learn again, goodbye HP forever.

HP Recommended

I have a Photosmasrt C4580. Printing is fine but the scanner cannot be initialized or found. I've been through all the support chatter, tried all fixes including permissions and uninstalling to no avail. None of the scan methods such as PReview and Image Capture work. Am I and countless others awaiting HP to develop a solution or is there one I hvae missed ?

HP Recommended

Is there another brand color printer/scanner that works with Mavericks ?

HP Recommended
As far as I know, ALL of the major brands have successfully gotten their recent scanners and all-in-ones to work well with Mavericks: Epson, Canon, etc.
HP Recommended

anyone suggest the best allinone that is not  an HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.