08-22-2019 06:21 PM
My scanner stopped working through HP Smart. I tried the Print/Scan Doctor software, but it does not seem to help. The HP smart says that the Printer status is unknown. I tried re-installing the printer but this did not help. I noticed that the IP address for the printer is off by one digit from the IP address of the printer listed. I can print from my laptop via wireless printing. I can sometimes scan using the scan shortcut although it is unreliable. Is there a way to fix this? If so what steps do I take.
The software did work previously and then one day it didn't. I am not sure if a update mess this up. Thanks in advance for any help.
08-26-2019 01:34 PM
Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,
Let's try to uninstall the printer from the root level and then reinstall the full feature software.
- Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Please click here to download and install the software.
- In the connection type window, select “Wireless” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Once done, you can try to assign a static IP to the printer:
- Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
- Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
- Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
- Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
- Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 18.104.22.168 and under manual alternate type 22.214.171.124 (This is Google DNS server address)
Let me know how it goes for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee