Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8725
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this printer knowing that it accepted the refilled cartridges, but it wasn't until it updated itself to the "latest firmware" (Ver. 1919B) that this worthless of a product began giving me headaches, and now it's locked out to only the overpriced HP original ink cartridges ($146.99 for all the cartridges really?!) What's worse is that they put a cap on this specific model which the update "fixes" the "Dynamic Security feature", from December 1st 2016 onward of its manufactured date, it will not disable this "security measure". Really??? More like a security feature for your pockets HP...

I have 4 refilled HP OEM cartridges that have been rendered worthless by this joke of a company.  I would like for HP to fix this situation by releasing out an update or patch to allowing non-HP or refilled ink to work once again. It seems you didn't learned from the 2016 incident, if anyone sees this I encourage you to look into what happened then, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Shame on you HP! I've always purchased your products and this is how value your customers?!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DannyMdz24

Welcome to HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As an update for anyone interested, the representative did contact me. This was the final response:

"Hello,

There is not a know patch for this issue as the units are not meant to be used with refilled cartridges I can only recommend buy genuine HP ink.

Best regards,

[edit]
I am an HP Employee"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.