02-08-2020 01:40 PM
When the printer is turned on, the print cartridges slam back and forth, and the printer does not print. It used to work fine, and then it started doing this. Doing the reset to factory original settings by holding down the power button didn't fix the problem. Thanks for any ideas/help!
02-11-2020 09:39 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Is your printer connected directly to the wall outlet? If not, please do connect it that way.
Remove the cartridges and reset the printer:
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.
Let's also try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee