Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP3755 on a Microsoft Windows 10. 

The printer has been working fine all day.  I was running low on color ink and went ahead and changed it out with a NON HP cartridge. The first issue occurred when I tried to print a PDF from a scientific journal. Error message simply said it couldn't print. I converted it to a word document and received the same message. I tried printing a document that I had printed earlier.No go. In all three scenarios BLANK pages are printing and I have to go in and cancel the document. 

I read through the forum for tips since the automated assistant is completely useless. 
I switched back to the original cartridge. Nope. 
I removed the printer and reinstalled. Nope

I removed the cartridges, turned it off, waited a few minutes, turned it on, reinstalled the cartridges and printed a test sheet. Test sheet printed just fine. I felt hope spring anew. 

Tried printing the document that I need. Nope. Just blank pages. Once again had to cancel it from the print queue to get it to stop. 

Rebooted my computer. 

See above. 

This printer is brand new..as in I purchased it a few days ago. Bad enough that the duplex method doesn't work AND when you try to manually duplex, it just makes up what order it will print the even pages in . 

What is it going to take to get this to actually print? 

UPDATE. I can print if I use my Ipad and upload the document to the HP center. But I can't make it print in just B&W or pick specific pages. This will do for now but it is not a long term solution. I need this printer to work through my desktop. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LyndaElaine 

Hello,

Your printer HP DeskJet 3755 has dynamic security. It only applies to ink cartridges equipped with an authentic HP electronic circuit. Ink cartridges with modified or non-HP electronic circuits may not work, and those that are currently operating may not work in the future.
For more information, go to Printers with dynamic security.

In order to solve this issue, please follow the solutions in the HP link Ink Cartridge Errors.

Manually clean the area around the ink cartridge contacts:

1. Make sure you have the following accessories:
    • Clean, dried foam cotton buds or a clean, soft, lint-free cloth.
    • Distilled or bottled water (tap water can damage the ink cartridge or the printer).
  2. Open the ink cartridge access cover.
    The carriage is placed in the center of the printer.
    Figure : Opening of the cartridge access hatch
  3. Before continuing, wait until the printer is idle and quiet.
  4. Unplug all cables connected to the printer, such as the power cord and USB cable.
  5. Press an ink cartridge to release it, and then pull it towards you to remove it from its slot.
    Figure : Removing the ink cartridge
       WARNING: 
    Do not remove both ink cartridges at the same time. Remove and clean each ink cartridge individually. Do not leave an ink cartridge out of the printer for more than 30 minutes.
  6. Hold the ink cartridge by the sides.
    Figure : Holding the ink cartridge from the sides
    Check the condition of the copper contacts to remove any traces of ink or accumulation of foreign matter.
  7. Gently clean the contacts with a dry cotton swab or a soft, lint-free cloth to remove any debris.
       WARNING : 
    Wipe only the contacts. Be careful not to spill ink or debris on other parts of the ink cartridge.
    Figure : Contact cleaning
  8. Lightly moisten a clean foam swab or soft, lint-free cloth with distilled water and clean the contacts.
  9. Lightly moisten another clean foam swab or a soft, lint-free cloth with distilled water and clean the electrical contacts of the carriage inside the printer.
    Figure : Cleaning the carriage contacts
  10. Allow time for the cartridge and cart contacts to dry (approximately 10 minutes).
  11. Grasp the ink cartridge by its sides with the contacts facing the printer, then insert it into the ink cartridge slot and press it gently until it clicks into place.
    Figure : Inserting the ink cartridge
  12. Repeat the above steps to remove and reinsert the other ink cartridge.
  13. Close the ink cartridge access cover.
    Figure : Ink cartridge access door closure
  14. If necessary, reconnect the power cord or USB cable to the printer.
  15. Turn on the printer if this operation is not performed automatically.

If you wish, you can purchase an HP Instant Ink plan , so you can use your printer with authentic HP cartridges. The price of the package is based only on the number of pages printed and not on the number of ink cartridges received by the service.

Don't hesitate to ask us if you need us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

This is not a cartridge issue. 

As per the update I added to my original request, I can print just fine from other devices such as my iPhone and iPad. The printer will not print through my desk top. 

It is not an issue with the cartridges as the email went to great length to describe. 

Please advise on what is going on between my desk top and this printer. 

thanks

HP Recommended

@LyndaElaine 

Thanks for your return,

In order to palliate this incident, please follow the following procedure:

1. Uninstall printing software:

1. Unplug the USB cable at the back of the printer, if necessary.
  2. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  3. Type appwiz.cpl, then OK. The Programs and Features window opens.
  4. Click the right mouse button on HP DeskJet 3700 series Basic Software, then Uninstall and Yes.
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstall of the printer.
  6. Restart the computer.

2. Launch the registry editor:

1. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  2. Type regedit, then OK. The registry editor opens.
  3. Develop HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, click with the right mouse button on Hewlett-Packard and Delete. (If the PC is HP-branded, develop Hewlett-Packard and remove Digital Imaging)

3. Delete the HP DeskJet 3700 series folder in the way:

• C: \Program Files\HP
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\HP

4. Rename folder 3 in 3_old in the path below (a restart may be required):

• C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64.
  • C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32X86.

NOTE: If the file refuses this action do as follows:

• On the keyboard, tap the Windows and R keys simultaneously. The Run window opens.
  • Type net stop spooler, then press OK.
  • Rename the file.
  • Type net start spooler, then tap OK.

5. Launch a new the printer installation with the HP DeskJet 3700 series Full Software and Drivers.

Please inform us if the issue is resolved!

Cordially,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.