01-27-2020 07:40 PM
My 3830 printer will not print from the computer, internet browser or Microsoft products. Deleted the driver at root level and re-installed driver. When I try to print, I get an error message and settings show my printer in error state. How can I get my printer to work again?
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-30-2020 02:10 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to print from your computer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
Are you able to make a copy?
Meanwhile, I recommend you add the printer using the Printer IP address and check if it helps.
Here is how it is done.
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. Select “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee