02-04-2020 02:55 PM
Prints perfectly from computer input. When making a copy via the scanner prints VERY sloe. Quality is fine. Speed is about a minute a page. Has worked well until now.
02-07-2020 03:38 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the slow copy issue.
Let's try these steps -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Download and install the firmware for win 8.1 (64-bit OS) from this link.
Refer to this document for more information - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, try these steps to perform a factory reset -
1) Touch Setup from the printer's control panel.
2) Touch Preferences.
3) Touch Tools.
4) Touch Restore Factory Defaults.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee