Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When creating note cards in either Publisher or on Avery's website, I can print the finished project out on plain paper and it's fine.  When I use the card stock it is about 1 1/2 inches more to the left....  I tried different using different types of paper from the print screen, but can't resolve the issue....  Has anyone else run into this?  Definitely seems like a printer problem.  I tried using my HP8600, but the paper won't feed correctly.  Tried cleaning all the rollers in the back.  I kind of have a double problem, don't I????

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kathmor, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I would like to know the following-

Does the print preview look good?

Did you check the paper-handling specifications, does the cardstock meet the printer specs? refer to the document HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer (B9S76A, B9S78A, B9S79A) Specifications for details.

Did you make any changes to the printer or the computer recently?

Meanwhile, Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.