Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi

I am an ex IT person who is being driven insane by our HP6950 - or WIN10 perhaps!

I have followed all proceedures, run HP Doctor multiple times, reset everything, deleted printers and reinstalled them - all to no avail. All devices are definetley connected to the same network. They see each other but the HP stay OFFLINE!!!!!

I work from home with my wife, and her laptop (DellXPS) has no issues connecting. I set that one up first. My Dell XPS will not work.

Using the HP Web services access, it shows connected, with an IP Address . But it will not print a document using your own software even though it shows connected.

Under Windows setting it shows installed but offline. NOTHING will get it ONLINE!

Please help!

ElleG

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Dnload & run the program found here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Elle G.

I have had the same printer "offline" issues since moving to Texas. First I'm not an IT person so what I relay here are issues I've dealt with in Chicago using Comcast as my service provider and now with Suddenlink in Texas. In, Chicago I was using my own router and I was having the same issue. Comcast then  had an offer with their own built in router in the modem which was then located only a few feet away from the printer.  My  problems went away.

Now I'm in Texas and using the built in router that's in my cable box about 100 feet away using the wifi. Initially I had no problem but now the printer is very sporadic with Suddenlink. I have checked the network as well and it says everything is correct.  What I tried lately  is that when I first power up the PC, I make sure the printer is out of sleep mode and I do not stream at the same time. I then run  Print and Scan doctor and go through the steps. When I do it in that sequence, my printer goes to ready about 75% of the time. From that point as long as I don't stream for the rest of the day I can print. When I power down and start a new day, sometimes its ready sometimes not and then i go through the sequence again.It's a pain but it has worked so far. For whatever reason when I stream and then go to print at the same time I  get that offline message. This now introduces another variable. Is it communications issues, windows 10 or both. This drives me nuts too.

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.