Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 6950
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

My neighbor has suddenly been able t print form my printer (they have no idea how they did it)

The printer is set up on my own password protected network and my neigbour doesnt have access so how are they connecting to my printer

When i do a netowrk scan i can see it but it does ask for a password to log on

it is v worrying

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@drizzit

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that your neighbor is able to print from your printer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you checked to print a couple of pages from your neighbor's computer?

Meanwhile, If the printer is connected wirelessly and if your neighbor is on a different wireless network then he will not be able to print to your printer. However, I recommend you change your wireless password, and this should take care of the issue. If

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry I don't think that could be the reasons as he doesn't have access to my network and i have a strong password.

Could it be through the direct printing facility?

HP Recommended

@drizzit

Yes, that could be a possibility. However, I suggest you change the password and it should take care of the issue.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hii

I tried that it didn't help

HP Recommended

@drizzit

Is your neighbor still able to print from your printer?

What is the printer he is selecting?

From which application software he is printing?

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.