Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP7500A OFFICEJET
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was having no scan issue until I upgraded to Windows 10 (64 bit)

The problem relates scan from printer to computer only. 

When I press  the computer name on the screen of HP7500A, it takes longer (relative to windows 7) to initialize scanning. It is like PC is fighting HP7500A to prevent to connect to itself. However after ten to twenty seconds scanning begins and at the same time  'Connection to computer lost or OCR software not found' error message pops up and than disappears within a few second.  Despite error message printer executes the scan process successfully. And right after scanning complete, same error message pops up again and disappears. 

Running Hp Scan doctor solves the issue until next windows boot. It looks what HP Scan doctor fixes to be over written by windows 10 boot files. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@KeroMero

Welcome to HP support community.

Enable scan to computer

1. Search Windows for your printer model name, and click the printer name in the list of results. HP Printer Assistant opens.
  2. Click Scanner Actions, and then click Manage Scan to Computer.
  3. Click Enable to activate the scan to computer option.

If the issue persists, Check Windows Image Acquisition settings

1. In Windows, search for and open View local services.

2. In the Services window, scroll down the list and find Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).

3. Look at the Status and Startup Type values.

• If the status is Started or Running and the Startup Type is Automatic, WIA is running correctly. Skip to the next step.

Making sure WIA Status is Running and Startup Type is Automatic

• If the status is Disabled or no status displays, right-click Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), click Properties, click the General tab, select Automatic from the Startup type dropdown menu, and then click Start.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi sandy, this has been noted already from other posts. It does not help.

As I told scan performs to computer. However there is a weird note appears on the screen of HP7500A

'connection lost to computer' 

I have seen many other HP7500A users have been affected by the same issue however HP did not take necessary actions to update its software and drivers for windows 10 for HP7500A

HP Recommended

@KeroMero

Please try these steps -

Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues. 

If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -

1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".

2. Look for HP Printer software.

3. Right-click to uninstall.

4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.

5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.

6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).

8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.

9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.

10. Select Ok.

11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.

12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.

13. Restart the computer.

14. Download and install the software and drivers from here.

15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.  

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita, non of those helped to resolve issue unfortunately...

HP Recommended

@KeroMero

Please try creating a new user account and check, this will help us isolate the issue - 

1. Tap the Windows icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Select Family & other users.
5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9. Tap the Windows icon.
10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita, I have tried as you instructed However this did not solve the issue neither. 

Have you tested scan to computer function of HP7500A under windows-10 64 bit system to confirm it is free of this problem?

I have a strong feeling that the issue is related to HP7500A windows 10 64 bit drivers itself. And needs to be worked out. 

Best Regards,

HP Recommended

@KeroMero please go ahead and install the Windows built-in drivers: 

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dealing with HP engineers is only time waste. They are repeating to instruct useless information where they can gather and produce a real solution. I will never buy an HP production any further. 

HP Recommended

@KeroMero Installing windows built-in drivers have not been suggested before as far as I can see, although If you feel you've already done that and yet the issue persists, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options on getting a remote session done, to resolve the issue,

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.