Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have the same problem as others have mentioned .  I didn't have this issue with my 8610.  It looks like it's perhaps mac related for the 8710 model?  I have printed the diagnostic and printer status report pages and no issues there.  What next?

DLJ
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@CVINS

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I would like to help

Please ensure your Mac has all the latest updates. You can refer to this Link: https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201541

Next ensure your printer has the latest Firmware. Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Then Remove and Re-Add the printer back to the Mac printing Queue using Airprint

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Figure : Example of the Printers & Scanners window

Example of the Printers & Scanners window
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for AirPrint. Click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.

3. Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Figure : AirPrint displays in the Use menu

Select AirPrint from the Use menu
  4. Try printing and let me know how it goes

Thank you and have a great weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went through the entire procedure that you outlined.  Worked for awhile and then it happened again. 

What would you suggest next?  I am using a Macbook Pro with  Mac os 10.13.6 High Sierra

DLJ
HP Recommended

@CVINS

Thanks for keeping me posted

I suggest you reset the printing system on the Mac and then Re-add the printer as Airprint

Note: Resetting the printing system removes all printers and scanners from the printers queue and clears all print jobs and print settings from the system, including printers and scanners that are not from HP. 

1. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.

2. Click Printers & Scanners, Print & Scan, or Print & Fax.

3. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.

Figure : Clicking Reset printing system

Image: Click Reset printing system
  4. Click Reset or OK.

5. If prompted, type your username and password, and then click OK.

The printing system resets.

6. Turn off the printer, wait 5 seconds, and then turn on the printer.

7. Wait until the printer is idle and silent.

8. In the Printers window on the Mac, click the Add button .

9. Select your printer from the list, and then click Add.

10. Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Try printing and let me know how it goes

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is not going away until HP provides a solution to resolve this Mac issue.  More comments coming onto the forum with the same issue indicates this to be a widespread problem with the 8710.  None of the proposed fixes have worked.  I am getting pretty tired of HP dodging the issue.

DLJ
HP Recommended

@CVINS

Appreciate all your time and efforts.

I have sent you a private message, for the service option that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I am having this issue but it's nothing to do with what is driving the printer...... It seems to happen often the first print coming out of standby....... repeat the same print from any device and it comes out fine.

Please share the secret fix with me!

Many Thanks

HP Recommended

Can you share the service option with me please?  Been having this issue for a while now.  

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@MLH820

Have you performed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the earlier post?

To contact HP Support follow these steps

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.