Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Dell Precision M4600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer has been printing fine until the last few windows updates and after much frustration and searching the web for answers I've discovered many are having this same issue.  Please PLEASE, HP, update your drivers to work with the Windows updates.  The printer completely loses it option to select printing in color when connected only via wifi.  I had to relocate the printer, very inconveniently I might add, next to my laptop and (shriek!) us a cable!  I don't know if Microsoft is mainly responsible for ensuring compatible drivers, but if there is any way I can reinstall an older driver that works, someone...please let me know.  I called HP and their call center (thousands of miles away and in an accent that was very difficult to follow) associate put me through the exact same "fixes" I had tried before on our own to no avail.  He said it was my printer cartridges.  They are HP and NEW!  If this issue isn't solved soon, I'm ditching HP altogether and going to buy a Brother or Epson...this is ridiculous!  I used up over half of my very expensive ink trying their "fixes"!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Mus1cg1rl

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am now having the same issue on HP 3830.   Color option only available when using cable.  This is not acceptable.  Followed all the root uninstalls and reinstalls.  Please send info on how to fix

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.