01-15-2020 11:58 AM
Hello, My printer told me the Cyan (blue) and Yellow Ink cartridges were empty, I replaced them with brand new ones and made sure they were installed correctly, I restarted my printer several times and also Made sure the ink cartridges were installed correctly.
my printer is now saying " one or more of your ink cartridges are empty and need to be replaced" but it does not say which one, and they all have ink now and are installed correctly, again I restarted the printer and still get the error, I used the drop down menu by scrolling down my finger hoping the screen on the printer would show me more about the error (which ink cartridge it could be referring too) but it does not show more.
I am a student and bought this.... printer... to save money but now had to spend $120.00 on color cartridges when I only pritn in black and white because the printer is designed to use color no matter what to complete "servicing tasks". I see how things work now, well you fooled me HP very nicely done!
01-17-2020 12:41 PM
I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns and frustration
Let's try these steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer and clean the electrical contacts with lint free cloth
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
Also ensure the printer has the latest Firmware. You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Keep me posted how it goes
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee