Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2622
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer not used that much. Last time went to print on half of the letters printed and the rest were smuded up, hard to read what was printed at all.   Forgot to add it is an all in one deskjet 2622 model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well while looking through the Print and Sacan DR. I found where you could uninstall and reinstall everything. Then found where you could set the memory back to factory specs.   Well  tnat did the job now printing like a new printer. Guess it takes relooking at their program for trouble shooting. It helped to read everything on all pages .

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Take a look at this link.

Clean the ink cartridges.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Have tried all of those repairs on that link.   Talked to HP Support on phone for an hour and a half  and he thought it might be the black cartridge. Received a new one today and installed it. Still doing the same thing now. After alignment page printed  it put  6 lines just about all on top of each other. Not sure how the color is supposed to look like on that page  but the blocks it printed looked like they were over lapped on the top half of the blocks. , lines and block at bottom of the blocks look ok to me.. 

So guess going to sit on phone with support again this evening.  Thanks for the answer so quick though.

HP Recommended

Looks like the paper is not feeding correctly.

Try some fresh paper.

Also remove the color and try printing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

It is using fresh paper and when on phone with support he had me do the remove color then the black . Seems like it only does it with black ink. 

HP Recommended

Have you tried printing with only the color cartridge?

HP Recommended

Yes did that when on the phone with support. Tried everything that he told me to try, he even look at it through remote control of my computer. 

HP Recommended

Well while looking through the Print and Sacan DR. I found where you could uninstall and reinstall everything. Then found where you could set the memory back to factory specs.   Well  tnat did the job now printing like a new printer. Guess it takes relooking at their program for trouble shooting. It helped to read everything on all pages .

HP Recommended

You say that you set the memory back to factory specs. Could you please tell me how did you do that. I have the same problem. The printer prints only the top half letters. I reinstalled the software but again the problem persists. How did you set the memory back to factory specs?

HP Recommended

@8844R

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number?

Did you make a copy and check if that prints fine?

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.