Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MIKE2247 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have purchased a 2nd hand HP Envy 5644 , neither home or return buttons work , any tips?

HP5644

Have a 2nd hand HP5644  , neither home or return buttons working .Is there a way to resolve this please ?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,906 3,647 245 274
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have purchased a 2nd hand HP Envy 5644 , neither home or return buttons work , any tips?

@MIKE2247, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

These buttons/icons may not work/wont lit up while on the home screen. This is as per design.

Kindly select any option on the screen like copy/setup and check if the Home and return icons lit up and then try touching them to check if it works.

You may also refer to the user guide of HP ENVY 5644 e-All-in-One Printer for more info.

Image result for HP5644 hp support

The above picture shows the printer not on the home screen and the home and return icons are lit up, available to the user.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
MIKE2247 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your reply. Have selected items from screen and home and return buttons do indeed light up. However neither of these operate when pressed. I have to switch off printer to get back to start position. Am beginning to suspect this problem was known to seller. I stupidly did not see the printer working before I bought it. However it was very cheap and may have to put it down to a life lesson!! 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,906 3,647 245 274
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MIKE2247

In that case, it could be a hardware issue with the printer. Please contact our HP Support team for Service Options:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation