Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7155
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Envy Photo 7155 and when trying to print 4x6 photos, I select 4x6 paper size and 4x6 photo size and get a message stating the photo doesn't fit on the selected paper.  I also select shrink to fit and fill page and nothing.  if I choose 5x7 paper size it will print, but the photo is off-set.  How can I fix this? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Rolive

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

Let's run the HP Print and Scan Doctor, which helps in resolving common printing and scanning problems such as missing or corrupt print drivers, connectivity issues etc.

Use this link for details on using the HP Print and Scan doctor: https://hp.care/2JyaC93

If the issue persists, let's do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.)  Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Additionally here is a document to help you print photos: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-photo-7100-all-in-one-printer-series/9073119/model/9073...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I realize this was almost a full year ago and you might not even see this, but did you eventually fix this issue?

I just got this printer as a Christmas gift and was excited to start printing my photos, only to discover having this issue. Similar to you, instead of selecting 4x6 for the size if I select "Full page" sometimes it'll let me print, but it only takes a portion of the photo paper and cuts off part of the picture as well. Despite the paper itself being 4" x 6", the photo only prints at 3 3/4" x 5 1/4".

I verified that the photo itself is a size that's the proper proportions. The photos are 3648 x 5472 for Portrait or 5472 x 3648 for Landscape.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.