Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Help HP Office Jet Pro has and error message use Setup Cartridges. How do I fix this.

hp office jet pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am getting an error on my printer asking for me to use SetUp Cartridges.  I have tried reseting it with no luck the same error keeps popping up.  The printer is only 2 years old.  I need help fixing this asap. 

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,667 4,662 306 330
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Help HP Office Jet Pro has and error message use Setup Cartridges. How do I fix this.

@PDCLICQ

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I believe we can bypass the "use setup cartridge" prompt by performing an OOBE(Out of box experience) reset. 

I've send you instructions on a private message on how to reset the printer since the reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi - I had submitted a support ticket before I realized I could get help on the forum. I have an OfficeJet Pro 6978 and have gotten stuck on the error 'Use SETUP cartridges that came with your printer' error. I went through the troubleshooting steps on the support site but that did not help. am trying to get a resolution and would appreciate the instructions specific to this printer. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation