Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hewlett-Packard - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Print - HP ENVY 5530 series

Installation date: ‎12/‎15/‎2019 8:20 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070490

Update type: Recommended

Hewlett-Packard Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware software update released in December, 2012

More information:
http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @micksis

Welcome to the HP Support Community. To assist you better, 

Kindly describe the issue you are facing with the printer.

Are you trying to connect the printer to a wireless network?

Are you trying to install the printer on a computer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm trying to scan from my printer to computer and I get an error message  when I log in to.my laptop that says scan to computer is lost. I downloaded the phone app and i can print and scan from that device but not from my laptop. I had no problems before this on same laptop. I ran HP dr for scan and  It can't find the driver. I'm trying to scan using my wireless network. 

HP Recommended

@micksis

What's the operating system installed on the computer? 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1  64 bit operating system

HP Recommended

@micksis Greetings from the HP Community!

Uninstall the drivers using the below steps:

Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.

Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.

Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.

Go to services again - Start the print spooler.

Now check for issue resolution.

If the issue persists, unplug the USB cable from the printer (if present). 

Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.

Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.

Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

Restart your computer.

Then, install the universal printer driver by clicking here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.