Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4658

Solved. Spoke to a very helpful person on the phone. 

Hi, I got a new BT wireless router and my HP Officejet 4658 printer says it is not connected and won’t print. I connect by USB and don’t use the wireless option (I was never able to get the wireless to work and was okaywith that). I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer. Nothing I have tried will work. A chat bot was no help. I don't care that the printer is not in warranty. It seems like it has to be to get any kind of help. I just want to print from a printer that is working. I use HP instant ink.

Everytime I try to connect it says the server is busy or temporarily unavailable. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Why can I not talk to an actual human to get this fixed. I have a tonne of stuff to print and nothing I try will work. Do I need to go out today and buy a new printer just because I installed a new bt router??

HP Recommended

Hi @PaulineGil

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

To better assist you -

1) Are you using a dual band router? 

2) What's the operating system installed on the computer? 

While you respond to that, try these steps -

1) From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon.
2) Touch the Setup icon .
3) Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.

4) From the printer control panel, touch ( Wireless ).
5) Touch ( Settings ).
6) Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
7) Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

If the issue still persists, refer to this document - HP Printers - Cannot Connect to Web Services

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.